Wednesday, March 20, 2013

No Bake "Cow Pie" Cookies

These Cow Pie Cookies are my go to sweet treat when I'm short on time in the middle of a big ole chocolate craving.  If you are not a great baker, I guarantee you can make these.  Well, that is if you can boil water....or the ingredients in this case.


2 Cups Sugar
4 Tbsp Cocoa
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
3 Cups Quick Oats

In a saucepan bring to boil the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.  Boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat.  Then add the vanilla and peanut butter and stir until peanut butter is melted.  In a large bowl combine the oatmeal and chocolate mixture.  On a sheet pan line with wax paper, drop by spoonfuls and allow to harden.   I've been known to stick them in the refrigerator or freezer to speed up the that process....remember, I crave chocolate.

{{{HUGS}}}

5 comments:

  1. Two of my youngun's told my oldest granddaughter these were called "do-do cakes"...(do-do meaning 'poop' down here in this neck of the woods) This granddaughter is now 23 and she still calls them do-do cakes. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 36 and still call them do-do balls because that's what my mom called them. :)

      Delete
  2. I love these. Been making these since I was about 12 yrs old. In my mid 50's now. Tried and true recipe. Sometimes I add a handful of chopped pecans or walnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. or add raisins too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love